Saturday, August 2, 2014

This Ended Up Being Me Writing About God

Nothing in particular to talk about tonight, but I feel really happy and at peace tonight. I've spent the week spending time with good people, and it's nice. Right now, I'm gonna write this up, then I'm gonna go read my book some and then sleep. And I can sleep all through the night and I can sleep in tomorrow, which will be a first in several weeks, so that will be nice. Either I've been on call for Victim Services, or I've had work. But it's nice just to sleep in sometimes. And I think my body needs it after doing a fast last week.

Oh yeah, haven't shared about that yet. I do a Bible Study with a group of friends on Thursdays. One of the people in it, the guy who leads it, is leaving for school soon, and this week was our last week with him for a while. He wanted to use this week as a sort of prayer session, asking God for healing and safety and whatever else we need. We did a fast the week leading up to it, as the Bible teaches that there are certain things that require prayer and fasting in order to see happen. Anyhow, I did a juice fast, which was bleh. I don't know how people do that for fad diets. God got me through that one, and it was not fun. But I'm glad I did it, and I'd do it again for God. It opened up conversations about my faith with people, and that was really good, because I'm not very forward about sharing my faith with others. Usually I wait for others to bring it up, and then will talk about it. I need to work on that. I don't want to shove it down other people's throats by any means, but I do want to share about God.

Lately I feel like He's pulling me closer and closer again. It's been a long time since I've felt this way, and I kinda love it. It's just so.... good. God is good, and when He's pulling you back, it's awesome. Seeing all the things He's doing for me, providing for me, blessing me, protecting me... it just reminds me of His glory, His love, His power. And then to think that, considering all that He is, He still chose me to be His.... there just really aren't words to describe that feeling. God of the entire universe chose me to be His child, chose me to die for, chose me to love and to provide the way to eternal life for.... that's so humbling, and so amazing. What an awesome God I serve.

I've spent so many years feeling alone and lost and like I just couldn't feel God anymore, and to have that back.... I'm so thankful for it. There aren't words, except for thank you God. Thank you and all the praise and glory I have to offer are Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment